Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sadness Watch 2015

Trust me, this is gonna have a good ending. Stick with me. I'm 50. I'm a daughter. I'm a sister. I'm a wife. I'm a mother. These things are good.  Except when things are not-so-good.

My last What's Happening Twitter update was:


The Retweet before that was:

  1. Happy So Glad You're You Day ! Oh, and Happy to you & your, probably, also awesome friends.

You may be wondering, "Who is John Green and what makes he and, probably, his friends so awesome?"  Go here & here & here & here to link to John Green stuff.

Stuff that's been on my mind is how I'm not doing anything constructive or creative at the moment. Just kind of like on auto-pilot. So, I'm Swiffering the hardwood floor, feeling unusual degree of sadness, and I'm thinking, I should blog about this.  It's not Mental Health Awareness season... at least I don't think so.  It's just a time when I am finally able to deal with elevated... depression symptoms.  See what happened there?  I said trust me, right? #ebbandflow, baby.

~~~~~
This blog post interrupted for text messaging with out of town husband.
~~~~~

Okay. Now, I'm swiffering the floor and thinking about this cool guy on the internet and then the husband interrupts my blogging and all these things come together in my brain... probably, with (because of?) new meds that doctor prescribed.  Yeah, that's probably it... not. Anyway, I think, "I have to set up a Sadness *Wellness* Watch 2015 page." Yeah.

This is my intro to that page ( link here ). If you're 50 (or not); if you're a daughter (or son); if you have family, friends, pets, a job, hobbies & interests, it then makes sense to be able to appreciate all these things - because these things are good.  Except when things are not-so-good... or more aptly, seem not-so-good. That's the time to say something; do something.




No comments:

Post a Comment