Friday, January 23, 2015

Did You Get It? Did You Get It!

My last post was about dishwasher dreams.  It's been a long time since I last used some of my favorite appliances.  They're my favorite, because just imagine... What would we do without clothes washer and dryer sets and dishwashers?  (Implored the lady with dry, chapped hands.)

Just as I typed that last sentence, I realized that I still have a load or two of dishes to wash.  So, I better make this quick.

Two years have passed since relocating back to Southern California, and I'm still waiting for the reality to set in that here is where we are... for good, maybe.

Meet Mr & Ms Bosch.  I miss them.
Anyway, that's why I miss my appliances.  The dishwasher, well, it had to stay in the house we vacated.  Mr & Ms Bosch (washer & dryer) are in storage back home... I mean, Colorado.  I have been in the habit of wishing things were different, or better.

I'm the queen of wishful thinking.  This is surprising too, because, what I like to say to my kids, or anyone else, really, is to remember, "What you think about, you bring about."  My first grade teacher liked to say (still does, I'm sure), "What you believe, you can achieve."  I've always liked these expressions, or affirmations as some would say.  I've also had several instances when keeping these beliefs in mind... thinking about something, and achieving desired outcome... has actually happened.

An example: Several years ago, I saw a vehicle in televised and print ads. I went online and checked out specs and features.  I liked what I read about it and felt it could be a good fit for my family, and comfortable for short little me to drive.  So, I printed out a picture of the exact model I wanted.  I made the same image the screensaver on my computer, and every day I imagined it in my garage.  Six months later, it was.  It's parked right outside now.  Cool, right?

I'm a firm believer that the Universe will provide.  If something exists, it is available to receive or achieve... if you believe.

At the moment, I believe the dishes are still waiting for me in the sink.  I'd like to see an empty sink in the morning, so I better get my butt achieving desired results.

Good night and thoughtful wishes.

Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment